Torchwood: Corpse Day

 


Warning: Corpse Day is disturbing as fuck, and I will be discussing the stories’ themes.

Corpse Day by James Goss

I don’t want to admit I absolutely adore Corpse Day. Because it’s vile. Of course, that is the point of Corpse Day, intentionally one of the blackest hours of Torchwoods ever written, that it is intentionally one of the worst experiences you could have on audio, and honestly it disturbs me that I actively enjoyed how disgusting it was. Corpse Day is just wicked, bleak and hellish, and yet it is utterly captivating - my opinion on Corpse Day is a Contradiction. I hated it - but that’s the point of it, so I also love it for being stupidly well written but also dear lord a human being wrote this and I experienced it, what the hell? Corpse Day is smart on many levels, throwing the ultimate cynic and ultimate optimist together in the worst of circumstances, and yet - I still don’t even want to compliment it, because as much as I enjoyed it, holy hell was it just disturbing and vile. Corpse Day is at its worst in it’s quiet moments. A woman whispering “food from god,” as she literally eats dog food or just the screaming that you hear from in other rooms. The worst part of Corpse Day is it is legitimately just a tiny glympse of literal hell. We see the tiniest sections, the worst bits being left to our imagination, and this is just awful, and how could I possibly be enjoying it? How could I really even like this cursed play? And I don’t know, but my opinion on it certainly shan’t change. Despite being the worst thing ever created, it is criminally good. 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers