Cry of the Vultriss

 


Cry of the Vultriss by Darren Jones

The thing is, Cry of the Vultriss, despite it's gorgeous gorgeous cover and brilliant TARDIS team of the immaculate Sixth Doctor, Flip and Constance, it only proves to me that I find Ice Warrior stories unbelievably dull. I quite simply don't find the Ice Warriors interesting. They literally are green monsters with a very generic alien culture - they're less interesting Klingons! I just don't know why so many people like them, and they just aren't what I like in a Doctor Who monster - the Sontarans are better Ice Warriors because essentially they're the same thing but with a better design that has an inherent humor to it. I just don't like them - and while this is a better version of them (you know, like the Peladon version, not the shooty shooty ones.) It can be sort of difficult. There's some good character stuff, most of it is The Doctor and Flip while Constance is sidelined, but she gets some nice moments at the start and end. It’s fine, but all in all, not my thing. I still love Flip and Connie though, and a Flip and Connie outing is always better than like some sort of lame Turlough outing or something: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers