Torchwood: Fall To Earth

Outside The Government. Beyond The Police. Makes A Mean Coffee.

Fall to Earth by James Goss

An Hour of Insurance Agent Babble. Somehow Enjoyable. These are the two sentences that come to my mind describing Fall To Earth, a legitimately well constructed (mostly) Two-hander story, that although nears on the boring side for most of the runtime, has some of the most surprisingly good endings to a story of this type that I've heard. Ianto and Insurance Woman are both extremely well characterized, and the opening is very funny. Ianto has some good, cleverly written interplay throughout. And the ending, how it ties together some of it's subliminal, seemingly unimportant plot threads, reminds me of an Agatha Christie novel, and certainly one of the better ones. Yes, Fall To Earth has a considerably strong reputation, and I won't be one to deny, what it does do well, it does positively perfectly.The problem is I was struggling to pay attention.
I have never seen a story turn itself around so completely in the last twenty minutes, and I doubt I ever will again. A Fantastic Ending, but I'm not betting on a relisten. 
8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers