NCBBDAS: Red Ledger

 


NCBBDAS: Red Ledger

This Story Stars Brenda Blethyn as The Twenty Seventh Doctor and Ted Danson as Calvin 

Featuring Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart

Chapter One

Julie Lendel was an alien. No one knew of course. She didn't have slitted eyes or a hissing tongue, and she didn't lay eggs or shed her skin and hang it in her closet, no, she looked normal. 

She was normal. She went to nightclubs and danced, and had fun, and nobody knew at all she was an alien, nobody had any idea at all. 

She lived with the party. She loved it. That haze of not knowing what you were doing, living in the crowd and the beat of the music, the noise just taking you over.

This party was her favorite one yet. There weren't many people, but everything was just perfect. The music, the dancing, the food-

And when she sat down, woozy and exhausted, she fell asleep on the cushions and the people danced on. It took them over an hour to realize she had been stabbed, and by then her green blood had leaked into the cushions. 

Later

"Who was she?" The Doctor asked, as the soldiers cordoned the room off with yellow tape. Josh Carter, Colonel Shindi, Kate and Sam Bishop stood to the side. 

"Julie Lendel, student." Kate said to the Doctor. "Small time socialite, and evidently, an alien infilitrator. She's not in any of our files of legally recognized extra-terrestrial citizens."

"Mm, and there's not many o those, is there?" The Doctor bit her lip. 

"Well, she's not a Zygon refugee, and beyond the Zygons, there are maybe 50, as I said, legally recognized aliens in the UK. There was an uptick in the 2010s, some species named the Sorvix, but whatever that was, Harkness and his team handled it." Kate stood looking at the body steelily. 

"So you're sayin you don't know much about er." The Doctor summarized.

"Yes, that's why we called you in." 

"...and what about the biology, the species, the method of murder?" The Doctor queried. 

Colonel Shindi, one of the people examining the body, stood up. "If you'll excuse me, Doctor. I've been examining the body, we're currently shortstaffed. There's a puncture on her back, it seems she was stabbed from ...behind." 

"Ooh, lovely." The Doctor said sarcastically. "Let me guess. There's a hole in the back of the sofa, and someone put the knife through it."

"We were wondering what that was." Sam Bishop commented.

Kate placed her head in her hands. 

"And opportunity? Who here could have committed the murder, how many guests?"

"Well, it's early days, but we've found about six likely suspects. And...you won't like one of them." Carter summarized. 

The Doctor furrowed her brow. "Hm! So who is 't supposed to be then?" 

"Well, it's, um...your friend Calvin." Carter whimpered. 

Chapter Two

"Why in the hell would Calvin be here? This party's full a' youngsters. He's an old miserable gardener who I only got to leave his house last week." The Doctor grumbled. 

"I don't know either, Doctor, but he was clearly documented to be at the party." Kate said. "And as much as I do like the man, he has had recent contact with aliens, and could have reason to assault one of them if surprised. Also the man keeps acid in his basement."

The Doctor rolled her eyes. "I just don't buy it, is all. Why'd he come out here, to a house in the middle of London for a party that's not his demographic?"

"I don't know, but I have the suspects in a lineup. We're going to interview them, you and I, Doctor."

The Doctor reached deep into her pockets and offered Kate a Jelly baby. "Wait! Jelly Babies! I...I think I may of found our first important clue!" 

"Jelly Babies?!?" Kate asked, confused. "Doctor, don't be ridiculous."

"No. It just reminded me of another case...a long time ago...I was in my Ninth body and I helped Madame Vastra solve the case of Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper eats babies, you know." 

"...That's not what he did." 

"Mm. Well, Miss Stewart, I shall 'ave to question all the suspects bout this." The Doctor said, seriously.

The first suspect came in. "Suspect Number One," Kate narrated. "Renita Bliss, 37, Professional Freestyle Dance Teacher. Victim's self proclaimed bestie, and a criminal record for shoplifting a paperclip."

"One paperclip?" The Doctor asked, bemused. "Renita! What do you think of Jelly Babies and their relation to Jack the Ripper?"

Renita stood there for a moment, silently. 

"Renita?" Kate asked. 

"Jelly Babies?" Renita asked.

"Yes, Jelly Babies." The Doctor said, urgently. 

"Hmm. Didn't Jack The Ripper eat babies?" 

"He, for the record, did not." Insisted Kate. 

"Were you aware that Julie Lendel was an alien, and what was your relationship with her?"

"What? Um, well, we had a relationship and um, she seemed normal. We even had physical time and, um, nothing looked alien. Compatible and all that. We broke up. I'd only seen her twice since then." Renita said. "And tonight, I didn't even get to speak to her."

"So why were you here at her house for a party?" 

"BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGHHH" Said Renita, dying horribly and coughing up blood.

"Oh, bleedin heck! Come on, get medics in here, get them in here, Stat!" The Doctor yelled. "She's experiencing spontaneous plot demanded death!" 

"BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHHH" Said Renita, who was then dead. 

The Doctor placed her hand on her chin. "This is incredibly unfortunate."

"A token minority character being killed off for the sake of the plot? I'd say it borders on offensive." Kate muttered. 

"...You are indeed probably right." The Doctor said eventually. "However, we can make up for this by announcing that every character in the entire series, unless otherwise stated to be just plain gay, is as of this moment now permanently bisexual."

"What, including me?"

"Yes, you'll have to live with it." The Doctor muttered. "Next suspect!" 

Chapter Three

"Suspect Two, Julian Blight. 28. Married Man, and already rich off of profits from his company Vanilla, one of Vor and Google's competitors. He's basically had a dream life." Kate stated.

"Mm, lucky for him." The Doctor muttered. 

Julian Blight walked in. 

"Mr. Julian Blight, what is your opinion on Jelly Babies and their relation to Jack The Ripper?"

Julian Blight looked confused. "I'm sorry, what?" 

"I'm sorry if it's too intrusive to ask, love, but what are you, with all your money and the like, doing slumming it with the middle class at this party?" The Doctor queried. 

"You're right. It is too intrusive to ask." 

"Oi, love, this is a UNIT investigation, now let's think about that some more. What was your relationship with Julie Lendel?"

"There was no relationship. I was also definitely not cheating on my wife with Julie's brother."

"That's a suspiciously specific denial." The Doctor mentioned.

"You made me bisexual five minutes ago!"

"Let's say Julie found out." The Doctor said. "She could ruin a fella like you with that kind of information. Now I think, personally, that's motive for murder. Funny, that." 

"I didn't kill the alien bastard!" 

"I never said she was alien, love. Let's go into this some more, shall we?" The Doctor smiled in what could be construed kindly, but somewhat turned out intimidating. "So, her brother. Let me guess. Also an alien. Where is he?"

"What? He should be here. I saw him earlier, his name is-"

Julian suddenly fell over and died. 

The Doctor placed her head in her hands. "Suspect Three!" She called. 

Kate narrated. "Suspect Three. Calvin." 

"Calvin?" The Doctor asked. "Calvin, what are you doing here? Like, come on, Calvin, this is way out of your comfort zone."

"I...I know!" Calvin sputtered. "Look, I know it must be aliens, because, I - I was doing my Gardening, and then I was here."

"Gardening? Maybe a fragment of the crystal shoal was left over from last time." 

"Look, Doctor, I don't know what happened. I just. woke up here, and I dropped a glass of water I was carrying on my foot." He winced. The Doctor noticed he did have a inpromptu cast on it. "So, I'm not exactly sure how I got here, but I want to help."

"Ordinarily, I'd let you, love. But you're a suspect in an inquiry. So, I have to ask. You know anyone here?" 

"No."

"You aware that Julie Lendel, this place's proprietor is an alien?" 

"What, an alien? More aliens? I...of course, but..." Calvin shook a bit. "Look, I just showed up here and there was loud music and I don't know I just don't know"

"I'll clear your name Calvin, relax." The Doctor said. "Now, do you know anything about a Jelly Baby and Jack the Ripper?" 

Chapter Four

“Next Suspect, Andy Marsden. 30. Works in private security firms.” Kate said, as Andy Marsden walked in. 

“Mr. Marsden,” The Doctor began. “Do you have any-“

A gun fired and Marsden keeled over. “Enough.” An audio distorted voice called out. 

“What?” Kate asked, yelling. “Who fired? 

“He was annoying me.” Said a man holding a smoking gun.

 “The brother, I assume?” The Doctor yelled. 

The man’s eyes glowed red. “Actually, no.” he growled. 

“Ah, alrighty then, love. You, a random extra man, the fifth suspect we haven’t interviewed yet, You’re The Killer? Bit unfair. I have to say, I’m rather miffed.” The Doctor mocked.

“It was not this body that I used to kill Ms. Lendel.” Red smoke surrounded the man.

“And well, that’s always made sense to me. You’re Jack The Ripper, Aren’t you?” The Doctor asked. “You’re a gaseous entity That takes over bodies via possession in order to commit simple murders. To satiate your blood lust.” 

Jack The Ripper growled. “I am. I first took control of your friend Calvin, after I escaped from the Meteorite that landed in his yard, and had him take me here to this party, looking for prey. There are a surprising amount of undetected aliens on this earth. I sense them, find them, and then possess a being. Force them to kill, and then leave their body, as the police pick them up and I escape unscathed. You’d be surprised how many prisoners that don’t remember committing murder, actually didn’t.” 

“You kill aliens, and why? Xenophobia, The excitement or are you a right Old piss head?” The Doctor asked. 

“Not Xenophobia, no. Because I can. After he got me here, I left your friend Calvin at the party, and entered Julie Lendel’s body, and forced it to end itself. Nice and simple. I then took control of the body you see me in now, and all I will have to do to kill everyone here, is just hop around bodies a few times. There’s nothing you can do to stop me.” 

The Doctor growled. “Ya see, that’s where you’re wrong, love. I am entirely going to stop you.” She said with steel. “Just wait and see.”

“I am curious though. You picked up on my origin quickly. How did you do it?” 

“Oh, I mean, I remembered that one Star Trek episode where Jack The Ripper is an alien, and I really like Jelly Babies, so I mentioned those to distract you,” The Doctor smiled mockingly. 

“YOU WHAT?” 

“I mean, there was also all that stuff about the brother, so a lot of this mystery, like most do, amounts to nothing but unsatisfaction.” The Doctor said, half heartedly. “So, buddy, you’ve seen how smart I am. You aren’t killing anyone else here today. Stand down.”

“You wouldn’t kill your best friend, would you?” Mocked the Ripper, as a red gaseous Creature rushed from the body and straight into Calvin, who laughed maniacally, and jumped out a window, before the Doctor could grab him. 

“Kate, all of your UNIT buddies are pretty goddamn useless. They let a 60 year old body get away!” The Doctor huffed.

“I know.” Said Kate, as Carter, Bishop and Shindi began to swear angrily.

Just then an early biplane crashed into the house, and exploded into pieces, the cockpit crashing down into the living room and scraping onto the floor. There was a woman sitting in the cockpit.

“What? What? What??” Said The Doctor loudly, just like David Tennant, as Amelia Earhart got out of the airplane.

TO BE CONTINUED...

This Story (Hypothetically) Starred

Brenda Blethyn as The Doctor
Ted Danson as Calvin
Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart
James Joyce as Josh Carter
Warren Brown as Sam Bishop
Raham Tikeron as Colonel Shind
Gabriel Woolf as Jack The Ripper
Grey Deslile as Renita Bliss
Wilson Cruz As Julian Blight
Jeremy Renner As Andy Marsden
Renee Elise Goldsberry As Julie Lendel
And 
Introducing
Stevie Nicks as Amelia Earhart 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers