NCBBDAS: Rising Tides, Crashing Skies



NCBBDAS: Rising Tides, Crashing Skies

This Story Stars Brenda Blethyn as The Twenty Seventh Doctor and her companions

Alternate Universe Amelia Fucking Earhart as played by Stevie Nicks

and Ted Danson as Calvin

Featuring Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart 

Chapter One

"Bleedin' Eck!" Yelled The Doctor. "What's this supposed ta be?" 

Amelia Earhart climbed out of the cockpit. "I'm sorry. I think I flew slightly off course. Where am I exactly?" 

"Amelia Earhart, as I live and breathe!" Kate Stewart cheered, walking up to Amelia Earhart. "Huge fan." 

"I'm sorry, what?" Amelia Earhart asked. "Have we met?" 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Kate, but this is NOT Amelia Earhart. This is a fabrication. A Charlatan." The Doctor proclaimed. "I've met Amelia Earhart. She was involved in an altercation with Paul Bloody McGann Me. My fifth self loaned her jacket to Erimem! And my Thirteenth realized that the Eight Legs, giant spiders, mind, had fabricated pencil thick spider web that stopped her plane! She's not the real deal." 

Amelia Earhart placed her hands on her hips. 

"Anyway, we have to find Calvin, and separate him from his Jack The Ripper Persona, or all hell is going to break loose." The Doctor instructed Kate. 

Amelia Earhart called out. "Excuse me, but personally I find all of this very rude." 

"Yeah? I call impersonating my friend rude, Amelia- I..I can't call you Amy or Amelia, and I can't call you Amelia Earhart all the time, it's a waste of syllables. You are henceforth, Millie." 

"Look, whoever you are, I was flying my plane, perfectly normally, and you, you-"

"Doctor, Millie has some kind of dimensional particle on her. She's not from this universe!" Kate said, viewing a scanner. 

"Didn't I say to get the military chappies on to beating up Jack the Bloody Ripper?" The Doctor snapped. 

Kate turned around, annoyed, and led Shindi and Carter out of the room. 

"Let me guess. We're pretty close to Wales right now. I'd say, the Cardiff Rift ripped you out of your own universe, Millie, and dropped you here in ours, in the 21st century, right in the middle of a house party. I'm sorry for insulting you, but to be fair, you are not in the correct stream of space time." 

Amelia Earhart placed her head in her hands. "What?" She asked, flatly.

In the distance, The Doctor heard gunfire and Jack The Ripper laughing. "Oh, this is gonna be a looong night." 

Chapter Two

"What? Where am I?" Calvin was in a void of darkness. From within it, a voice sounded.

"Hello, Calvin. I'm sorry. I'm busy using your body currently. I'll be sure to give it back to you when the Judge gives you a life sentence." 

"Jack. You're Jack The Ripper."

"Guilty as Charged. Alien Outer Space Psychotic Lunatic, Jack The Ripper." 

"You're simply not going to get away with this. You simply...aren't...you aren't cool, man!" Calvin complained, sounding incredibly childlike for a 72 year old man. 

"Oh, Oh, I understand. I apologize for not being one of the cool kids. I'll make it up to you. I won't kill the Doctor until I leave this body. That way, her blood will not be on your conscience."

"Um...Oh, wow. That's um, remarkably decent of you."

"PSYCHE! NAH, I'M TOTALLY GOING TO MAKE YOU HAVE THE PSYCHOLOGICAL GUILT OF KILLING YOUR ONLY FRIEND! THAT STUFF RULLLLEEESSS!

Calvin screamed, but no noise came out, as Jack The Ripper continued to walk down the street. It was funny. It hadn't even occurred to Calvin that tonight was Halloween. 

Chapter Three

The Doctor, Millie and Kate rushed outside, and got into Bessie. 

"A fascinating automobile. I should have thought that they would have advanced a good deal since my absence."

"Bessie's like a fine wine. The older she gets, the more people make terrible inaccurate metaphors about her." The Doctor said, turning the car keys.  "We need to track down Calvin and Jack The Ripper before they kill again." 

They turned the keys and turned on the headlights to see a neighborhood enveloped with Trick Or Treaters. 

"Oh, now this is pitiful! I'm positively certain that tonight's Halloween wasn't mentioned at all in the previous story!" Kate complained. 

"Well, get out of the Car. We need to go house to house, and trick or treat!" The Doctor exclaimed. 

"Well? What? We all aren't wearing any costumes!?!" Millie said. 

"Naw, silly. I'm an overbearing parent who doesn't dress up and doesn't get it, You're Amelia Earhart, and Kate-" The Doctor said, affixing a fake mustache to Kate's face. "Is the Brigadier." 

Kate placed her head in her hands. "God help us." 

"Look. All we hafta do, is go to every house, and question if they've seen a 72 year old guy that looks kind of like possessed and Ted Danson-y? I mean, he'll stand out! He doesn't exactly have a costume!" 

Millie walked up to a house and rang the doorbell. 

"Oi, aren't you a little old for all this?" The woman at the door asked. 

"No, I'm looking for my Father." Millie lied. "He looks sort of possessed and is wearing a light blue suit with a bowtie. He went out with my kid, and I don't know where he is-" 

"Oh, well I saw a man in a blue suit with a bowtie. Went on down Barber's Lane. But he didn't look possessed, he like, was wearing some really complicated make-up. It looked like he had like a demon face, and had like, eaten someone alive or somethin." 

"Oh, thanks." Said Millie, walking up to the Doctor. 

"Well, that was mighty convienient." The Doctor said, admiringly. "You're sharp on your feet for not Amelia Earhart." 

"I am too." Millie said childishly, but they moved on. 

Kate spoke up, annoyed. "Is it just me, or did everyone else ignore the demon face cannibalism bit?"

Chapter Four

Unfortunately, the demon face bit was not hyperbole. Jack the Ripper had transformed Calvin's face into his real demon form, to blend into the Halloween crowds. 

The problem was, he happened to drip blood constantly in this form, and had to replenish it by eating people alive. So he was doing that. 

Rarrgh, raargh, Blood of the Innocent and all that. Calvin was rather traumatized, but all things considered, pretty good times. 

He just wished he had a knife.

A sharp, strong knife, stab, cut, slice, chop, red warm blood-

Then he could do whatever he wanted. 

Need a knife. Need a sharp, sharp knife. 

He saw a Trick or Treater going by. A teenager, someone who thinks they're too good for all of this. Dressed up as the person from Friday the 13th. 

Jack The Ripper moved in closer. 

It wasn't a real weapon. It was dull. But he could sharpen it. He was right behind him, and-

"Hello, Jack." The Doctor said, standing behind him. 

Jack The Ripper turned. "Doctor." He said, with Calvin's voice. "I do hope you aren't going to try to appeal to that Calvin's still in there somewhere. Because if you do, I will get very annoyed."

"No, Jack, I'm going to talk to you." The Doctor said, seriously. "I'm going to talk you into doing exactly what I want, and leaving Calvin and all these other innocent lives alone."

The street had almost cleared now, leaving Jack The Ripper and The Doctor staring each other down.

"And why, why on earth would I do that?" Calvin- No, Jack The Ripper said.  

"You're a bloodthirsty maniac." The Doctor said, as if that in itself was a victory. "You've killed plenty of people, plenty of innocent people-" 

"I do not hurt the innocent." Jack The Ripper said. "Every single person has had one sin in their life."

"Oh, no, of course. Everybody does, and by your mind, everyone deserves to die, that right?" The Doctor said, twiddling her thumbs. 

"Yes." 

The Doctor narrowed her eyes, slightly sinisterly, but she had a sliver of a grin on her face, behind the melancholy stare she held with the thing that was controlling Calvin.

"Where are your friends, Doctor?" Jack the Ripper asked.

"On the other ends of the street. I sent them off, telling them you were around that end. Couldn't put em in danger."

"Adorable. I shall kill them last." 

"You don't kill innocents? What if, let's speak in hypotheticals, one day, you met someone without a single sin on their mind? Would you spare them?"

"Hypotheticals are a waste of time." 

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, but!" The Doctor said, flipping from calm to alert. "I've met plenty of people in the universe like you. Judge and Jury, Zero Tolerance policy people. And you know what I tell them?" 

"What?" 

"What if they meet someone like them. Eh? I mean, if they believe in their cause of purity of good throughout the universe, they surely can't let someone else like that continue their work? And what does that other person think of them? Doesn't that make you evil? If you keep it up, doing this sort of thing, if you are smart, if you are good at it-" She paused for dramatic effect. "Eventually there won't be anyone left."

"..Your logic does not concern me." 

"No, no, it wouldn't, would it?" The Doctor said. "So, obviously, zero tolerence policy. Acts of evil, not allowed. Acts of remote mild malice not allowed either. Acts of negativity, negated. Got all that. So, only someone good can succeed?" 

"This is true."

"How can you tell?" The Doctor asked. 

Jack The Ripper shook, and shook and shook, it couldn't even think anymore. It had just known. What if it had been wrong! What if it had been wrong! It had enjoyed the killing, done it because it could, for the betterment of the universe, but- 

It shook itself out of Calvin's body and Calvin collapsed to the floor, coughing, as the gaseous entity, red as blood, exited his body with a ear splitting shriek of despair. 

The Doctor adjusted her hat brim. An average villain, all things considered.

Jack The Ripper flew up into the sky, angry and desperate, and not knowing what it was anymore. 

Epilogue:

Millie walked into the UNIT building. "Yesterday was sensational." She said to the Doctor. 
"I still don't understand what you are, I- I don't get half the things you say, but, I, I want to be like you."

The Doctor looked at her confused. "You're Amelia Earhart! First woman to fly around the world!" 

"I'm- I did what?" 

"Oh." The Doctor said. "Wrong Universe." 

"I- I just got into a plane in the first time, and I crashed into this house, a hundred years in the future!" 

"Oh, oh wow. This is insane." 

"But, Doctor, I- I'm still flying. I can feel it. It's just like I'm up in the air in my plane, ever since I set out for that first flight, yesterday, I- I don't feel like I've gotten close to hitting the ground." 

"Thank you. But I make a rule. Historical Figures like you make a splash, everywhere you go. I can't work with you, I tried with Mary Shelley! It was....quite a lot. And although I like you, Millie, I-" 

"Doctor, I want to work with you! I want to see what the universe holds for me here."

"Oh- oh, twist my arm, will you!" The Doctor shrieked. "Alright, come on. In the TARDIS, that police box over there. Calvin's still unconscious from his ordeal with Jack, we go to the future, get him some Space Medicine, I show you the ropes. Then we come back here, and we defend humanity, just like you want. But I don't care if you're from an alternate universe. At some point, you need to go back."

Millie looked at the ground and considered. "Deal." 

The Doctor and Millie picked up Calvin on a Stretcher, and went into the TARDIS, and Millie gasped.

"Go, on, say it." The Doctor said, laughing.

"It's perfect!" Millie cheered, rushing over to the controls. 

"Look here, Miss! I don't care how bloody brilliant you are, I'm the one who flies-" 

The TARDIS began to dematerialize. 

"How'd you do that?" The Doctor asked. 

"Instinct." Millie said, looking up at the TARDIS time rotor. "I know how to fly." 

And despite the improbability of it all, the Doctor knew it was true, and guided Millie to the next lever, and the next, as they flew into the future of time and space.

The End

This Story (Hypothetically) Starred

Brenda Blethyn as The Doctor
Ted Danson as Calvin
Stevie Nicks as Amelia Earhart
Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart
Gabriel Woolf as Jack The Ripper
Halloween Trick or Treaters


Jack The Ripper fell through the world.
How can you tell? It thought, the Doctor's words, resounding at him. It had been so foolish. Such a mere villain of the week, a tool, a lesser being fellen with out a second thought. How Can You Tell? How Can You Tell? How Can You Tell? It was amaturish, never before having faced an equal. How Can You Tell? Oh, Doctor, I can tell. I will tell soon enough. If It was evil, then It should be so! It would embrace it! It would be the very end that the Doctor will never expect! A minor villain, dispatched so easily, forgotten- It would be her final conflict.
It would kill the Doctor. It would kill her friends. 
But they weren't there right now.
It'd have to settle for Kate Stewart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers