NCJDDAS: Epilogue

Dear Doctor,

Why Hello There. No. No I'm Not Dead. Surprise. Oh, I'm certain you thought I was. Oh, but someone kill the Doctor? Really? Yes, me. The original bloke. I survived! 

I'm certain you remember that whole trick with Davros? How I managed to move incredibly quickly against all probability enough to reroute a laser blast into a Vortex Manipulator. 

Well. I wonder if I could have possibily done that again to avoid the Valeyard's wicked laser bolt. 

Surprise, I did. So, I'm here. 

Of course, perhaps I wasn't as fast as I should have been. Because I was feigning being asleep. I Got a bit singed. A Bit Regenerated. 

New Face. I look a bit old, of course, but quite familiar.

I have been rather impressed of recent. I know you've taken up Two New Companions already (Millie and Calvin their names are, I believe) But I want you to know.

You are now the Doctor. You're always going to be the Doctor. You always have been, no matter what anyone says. You were just getting to it. Oh, even I needed the lesson on not bashing Cavemen's head in, it's no trouble you took a bit long. And so, I am retiring. 

Permanently. 

Uh, uh! No fuss. I've been feeling weary anyway. And I've finally found the replacement I've been looking for. The Hero the Universe doesn't need, but deserves? Or is that deserves and needs? I never was one to read Batman. 

Where am I retiring to, you ask? Oh, you know. This place and that. I have an eye on the National Undergallery. 

I hear they're looking for a Curator.

I set up the position with Ms. Stewart. She's currently the only one who knows, but Jo Jones and Osgood came down the other day and I believe they have their suspicions. Especially since I gave Osgood that scarf. It was like she knew it was authentic. Just like the one you used to wear! You know. When you were getting your bearings with Danny. 

She must have been confused, what with my face looking like other me who also wore a scarf from time to time. 

Well, it was yours. 

Now, now, I must be going. I have a painting with a Zygon in it to handle, as well as some nice old Begonias to water. 

Farewell, Doctor. I'm certain you'll use the title well, as long as you remember what it means.

It means you're a fellow in a box who does great things. 

How I wish I could tell you that when you were still working it out, but you're there now. 

I'm enclosing a few Jelly Babies. You never know when they may prove useful. They're absolutely deadly weapons (not that you use those anymore) 

Farewell, Doctor.

Remember Me To Gallifrey!

Sincerely,
The Curator


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers