NCJDDAS: The Last Adventure 1.6 Diefall


NCJDDAS: Diefall

The Dench Doctor: The Last Adventure

Part Six of Six

Continues Directly From The Previous Story

Happy 57th Doctor Who Day

Chapter One

The Cloister Bell Tolled as Roman, Cherry and Marsha began their planning.

"We have to save the Doctor from the Valeyard." Cherry declared. "And it's going to work, because this time, there are three of us. And overcrowded TARDIS teams get shit done." 

"I'm going to get shafted hard for screentime in this one, aren't I?" Marsha commented.

"Hey!" Cherry complained. "At least you're on the cover!" 

"Now, now, Girls." Roman said. "All we have right now is the Doctor's TARDIS and our brains to get a way around an intergalactic army of admittedly terrifying chairs. What do we do?" 

"Well, who beat those chairs to begin with?" Cherry asked. 

"Dorothy "Ace" McShane!" Roman declared happily. "Oh, I haven't seen her in ages! I do hope we can get to her in time to come up with a plan-" 

"Come on. Like I said, overcrowded, and well, we know what Ace would do." Cherry said. "We also know what the Doctor would do." 

"Yeah, and what's that?" Marsha asked, hands on hips.

"Blow it up." Cherry grinned mischievously.

* * *

Dorothy "Ace" McShane sat in her office of a Charitable Earth. The trailer for the season 26 blu-ray collection played, you've probably seen it, and at the end, the door was tapped by a question mark cane. 

Suddenly Cherry, Roman and Marsha burst in, Roman with the Cane and they grabbed all of Ace's explosives out from under her desk and ran.

"Ugh," Ace groaned. "Not Wicked." 

* * *

The Valeyard laughed maniacally. 

"Now, The Doctor is dead. Permanently. The Doctor's False Clone shall no longer give me a bad name, because she's unconscious out of fear of my chairs! And soon, I shall-" 

He shrugged. "Hm. I didn't think I'd get this far." 

The Doctor got up. For the sake of argument, we shall not call her the fake one, because the real one is now dead. For real. 

"Doctor. You're awake." The Valeyard sniveled. 

"Indeed I am. Your chairs are freaky, you know that, right?" The Doctor gasped for breath. "I do have to ask though, what now? You have me captured, what's your endgoal. Gallifrey?"

The Valeyard paused to think about it. "I could try and conquer Gallifrey. I could go for the Universe. But I think I'll settle for dictator of earth."

"Why?"

"It'll piss you off."

Chapter Two

The TARDIS dematerialized next to the tower of London. Kate Stewart stood nearby. So did Osgood. She was on a return visit from Space. 

"The TARDIS!" Osgood tittered. "And coincidentally on the one day I come back to visit!" She yelled, joyfully.

Roman, Cherry and Marsha strolled out. "Hi," Marsha said. "We need to borrow all of your tanks." 

Kate made a confused face, and suddenly rainbow lights rained down from the sky like the Bifrost and The Valeyard and his army of Chairs were there. 

"MWHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!" He yelled ridiculously hammily. 

"...I'll get right on it." Kate said. 

* * *

There were then, many, many explosions. 

The Chairs began to invade UNIT HQ, and the tower itself as Kate, Osgood, the UNIT team from the audios, and for some reason, Jo Jones and Sergeant Benton began to fight back against the Chair armada. 

Cherry grabbed a gun. "Ooh, I've been trying not to use these... Roman, do you know anything else about Lungbarrow?"

"To be honest, I was there and I hardly remember," Roman grumbled. "Minus that weird possibility that Leela could possibly be the Doctor's mum. But we don't talk about that." 

Marsha was out of her depth. "Guys, so, I have once again been attempting character development and trying not to scream and breakdown in situations like this, but by the way, THIS IS REALLY PUSHING IT YOU GUYS!!" She yelled.

Roman realized something. "Regeneration!" He exclaimed. "The Chairs are from the house of Lungbarrow! The house of Lungbarrow connects everything inside it together in a telepathic field! From the looms to the Chairs, to the gallifreyan's loomed within it and their regenerative energy." 

"What, what are you saying?"

"Regeneration Energy has the slight chance of wearing the Chairs' synaptic connection to Lungbarrow down!" Roman exclaimed. 

"Wait, no, you aren't gonna-" 

"Oh, yes." Roman said. "I'll just go die in the field of battle, and my personality will rewrite itself. The regeneration energy should defeat them. Of course unlike my usual controlled regenerations, I don't think I should ever be the same again..."

Chapter Three

Roman stepped out onto the battlefield and into the Crowd of attacking chairs. "Now, for some last words." Roman bit his lip. What would be appropriate.... " Roman stepped forward, thinking..."Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!" And he raised his hands as the Chairs ran through to him and suddenly and rather quickly, he died.

And he was born anew. 

The regeneration energy blasted back and about half of the chairs were blasted into the water. 

Roman coughed. "I don't think I can do that again..." He grumbled. 

"Roman! Your face has changed completely!" Marsha exclaimed. 

"Oh, hold on, let me adjust it," Roman said, hitting his face with his regenerating hand and suddenly he was JK Simmons. "I can't stand not being recognizable." 

* * *

The Valeyard grit his teeth. Just like that half of his army was gone. Romana. Such an annoyance. 

Still though, the Chairs burst forward, and UNIT's army of companions were overwhelmed, no matter how many had joined the fray. The Class of Coal Hill School, The remains of Torchwood Three, The Children of Time and Sarah Jane Smith and her team from Bannerman Road had all joined the onslaught. 

But they were still losing. Whatever. He had everything under his control. None were time lords, and as such, none could dispute the powers of his superbly creepy furniture.

Not even the likes of Bill Potts who was descending from the sky with the powers of a star pilot creature such as Heather. 

He turned to the Doctor. "You see, Doctor! All of your friends, they lay down their lives for you. They are so willing. And yet, they will all die. Soon, I will be king of this planet, and-" 

The Doctor was no longer being held by the chairs, and she was slowly walking to the center of the battlefield. 

Chapter Four

Well, the Doctor thought to herself. This is it, lady. You aren't the Doctor, you never have been, but let's show them all, shall we? Make the next you a Doctor. If you have a regeneration in you, let's give em something to look up to. A Final Curtain, and well, a noble sacrifice.

Oh, we used to be good at those. Nowadays, we're absolutely rubbish. Oh, but we can do so much better. The next us will be better. The next us will be a Doctor. Our past is now dead. 

Oh yes, our past is now dead. Literally. Murdered in cold blood. And if we aren't the real deal, so what.

The Doctor is a symbol. A piece of hope for all the stars to look up to. A piece of hope with a weird sense of fashion and a piece of hope with probably too much ego at this point. 

Well, how do you want to end it, Doctor? With a whimper, with a bang, with a tearjerking last words?

The Doctor looked around her, seeing all of her friends. Every single person who had ever supported her that lived on the planet earth had made their way here today. And she had to save all of their lives and prove that the real Doctor was still around. Everyone but a few. Danny...Lucie...Adric...River...

Well, how do you want to end it?

The Doctor cheered out into the crowd of oncoming chairs. She was going to end it as herself. With a stupid musical number.

♪ This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the Earth move, and then
Hear my heart burst again
For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue, I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen-♪

♪ Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At Skyfall
At Skyfall ♪

And The Doctor was filled with a golden glow.  "See you soon, Danny." She whispered.

* * *

It was over. The Valeyard was gone. The crowd of the Doctor's friends surrounded her. 
Roman, Marsha, Cherry, Lottie was there too, and Kate and Osgood, the first faces this face saw.
Sarah Jane, Captain Jack, Ms. Quill, Jo Jones, Nyssa and Tegan, Ace, Peri, Martha, Bill, Yaz, Ian and Barbara, the crowd was indescribable. And a bit self congratulatory. 

The Doctor eventually sat up. "Ooh." She said. "Me knickers don't fit." 

* * * 

Cherry and Marsha followed the Doctor back to her TARDIS. She was a redhaired slightly plump woman. She had somehow regenerated with a strange lopsided hat on. When she did, she had to check if she had messed up the regeneration and if it was part of her face, but no, there was a hat. Go figure.

"Ooh, Cherry, Marsha." The Doctor said, turning. "I'm sorry. I almost forgot to say bye." 

Cherry and Marsha hugged. "I was just going to say, Doctor." Cherry mumbled. "I.. I don't know if I can go on with your new face... the Doctor was... the Doctor for me."

"Yep. She sure was the Doctor. And I don't care what that silly old Valeyard chap said about it. She's made me into a Doctor, I think too. I can tell. But anywho, the Doctor's a symbol, innit? Not a person." The Doctor opened the TARDIS door. "I do think it will piss quite a few fans off though." 

"There's one thing I don't understand, Doctor, the Valeyard's plan." Roman said, walking up to them. "Why did he have you meet your past selves? Why was it so-"

"The Valeyard is rubbish." The Doctor said. "Now. Cherry. Marsha. Roman. I'm certain you're all going to do great things. I want you to stay in touch. Possibly buy a flat. I'm pretty sure since Vastra, Strax and Jenny aren't in Paternoster Row that it's open. Oh god. Wait. Are Vastra, Strax and Jenny no longer alive? It's been 200 years? Oh Shit! I need to check up on that. Sorry, must dash." She said. "Also by the way, gay marriage is legal this century. You should probably check up on that." 

Cherry and Marsha looked at eachother surprised. "Um, Doctor. Actually... Could You Stay A Few More Days?" Cherry asked. 

"Oh dear me. What have I started?" 

Epilogue: 

"Dearly Beloved," Roman began. "We are gathered here today to join these two women in holy matrimony. Into this arrangement these two persons come together to be joined. If any person here can show cause why these two people should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." Roman cocked a gun, and aimed it at the crowd in case someone said anything. "In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now that they won't be shot dead for it, they have decided to live their lives as woman and wife."

"Do You, Cherry take Marsha to be your lawfully wedded wife and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?" 

"I do."

"Do You, Marsha, take Cherry to be your lawfully wedded wife and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?" 

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride."

The End

(Of The NCJDDAS) 

This Story (Hypothetically) Starred
Dame Judi Dench as The Doctor
Scarlett Johansson as Cherry
Lisa Kudrow as Marsha
Sir Patrick Stewart as Roman VII
JK Simmons as Roman VIII
Michael Jayston as The Valeyard
Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart
Ingrid Oliver as Osgood
Sophie Aldred as Ace

Featuring
Katy Manning as Jo Jones
Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts
Sadie Miller as Sarah Jane Smith
John Barrowman as Jack Harkness
Janet Fielding as Nyssa
Sarah Sutton as Tegan
Katherine Kelly as Ms. Quill
Mandip Gill as Yaz
William Russell as Ian
Jemma Powell as Barbara
Freema Ageyman as Martha
Nicola Bryant as Peri 


And Starring
A Bunch of Honestly Really Scary Chairs, Believe Me You Guys

And Introducing
Brenda Blethyn as The Doctor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers