Torchwood: Goodbye Piccadilly



 Goodbye Piccadilly by James Goss

Goodbye Piccadilly is one of the most fun experiences I’ve had because it’s just so so fast! Ordinarily I’d be jumping down a stories throat for such speed, as usually it makes everything feel rushed and bad, but the rushed atmosphere is to the story’s benefit, as it’s Essentially a runaround between a bunch of locations, meeting wacky characters with the goal of saving Andy from a psychic ...painting thing. Samuel Barnett is beyond exquisite, he’s positively hysterical, somehow stepping up his game from the already phenomenal Ghost Mission. If anything, he’s one of my favorite all time Torchwood characters now. Everything about this story is stellar - it starts directly in the middle of the action and just keeps going, never letting up, and it’s honestly incredibly refreshing as a piece - we don’t care how Andy gets to 1950s Soho, we care that he’s there with Norton causing trouble and yes it is great and yes I will have to get Torchwood Soho at some point dang it

It’s not exactly a revolutionary tale in terms of storyline but oh my god is it so enjoyable. Andy and Norton are at the top of their game, and I just really really had so much fun with it, it’s by far the most fun Torchwood I’ve heard to date. And you know, I like my Adrifts, and my other bleak Torchwoods, but oh my god if I don’t want more of this! 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers