Torchwood: The Victorian Age

 

AH! GOD GET THAT COVER AWAY FROM ME

IThe Victorian Age by AK Benedict

Minus that frankly horrific cover, the Victorian Age is a subtle hit- it does quite a lot with what it has, and it has incredible emotional beats. It’s not one that I automatically think of when it comes to quality in this range - simply because there is quite a lot better, but it’s still quite strong in many ways and surprised me multiple times along my listen through. It has fascinating things to say about the Elderly, and fits into a unique spot in history that I really wasn’t expecting. Rowena Cooper, as I’ve said before is a knockout. She’s incredible in the role, rivaling some of the Dames that I’ve seen play Victoria. She’s dignified, and she’s actually so awesome that if Pauline Collins decided she wanted to come back to play Victoria, I’d say nope. Either way, the Victorian Age isn’t one that will automatically come to mind for me as one of the greats, but it’s a wonderful job either way- a surprisingly stellar piece of work. 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cobwebs

Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2

NCJDDAS: Dark Page

(MAIN RANGE): Dinnertime Part One

Ninth Doctor Adventures: Ravagers